Thursday 28 February 2013

Research: What have I learnt from my textual analysis's

Music Video:

From my textual analysis' on music videos I have learnt a number of things, one of the most important is that the main aim of a music video is to sell records, because of this it is paramount to include many shots with the artist. Also in the Rap and RnB genre, it is normally expected to see shots of the artist performing the lyrics, and in love songs it usually has some sort of narrative in the video. Now that I know this I can include these things in my video as it is the conventions of my genre.

I have also taken alot of inspiration from the music videos I have watched, for example in J. Coles "Lost Ones" there was a few shots I really would like to recreate in my own video. One of which is the extreme close ups of the eyes that we see towards the start. Also the ending of the music video leaves the audience in suspense and this is something I would like to recreate with my own twist on it.


Digipak:

From my textual analysis' on digipaks I have learnt what they typically include. Digipaks come in all sorts of layouts and templates but usually the Artist name and Album title is included on the front along with a picture of the artist or a graphic representing the album. On the back there is usually a tracklist, institutional logo and a parental advisory sticker (though this can be on the front also). The CD design is usually very simple and there is usually a poster insert in the digipak.These are all things I would have to include in my digipak to meet the conventions.

I have taken some inspiration from the digipaks, for example I have found that simplicity is key in looking good and providing emphasis on certain parts of the album.

Magzine Advert:

In my textual Analysis' I have found there is usually a hierarchy of importance in a magazine advert, the most important info right at the top and the least important to the bottom. This is because our eyes are drawn naturally to the things on top of a page. Also things to include are, artist name and album title (if not on the album cover already), album cover, release date and institutional logos.

Other things, inspired by seeing magazine adverts, that i will include will be a URL address and a small magazine review quote. This will help improve my artists fanbase and help persuade consumers to buy the album.



No comments:

Post a Comment