Saturday 9 March 2013

Construction: Lip Syncing

I could not find a Youtube tutorial on how to lip sync audio files in a music video, so instead I had created my own method on doing it.

First of all, whilst filming, I had the actor lip sync the words to the song with the song playing in the background, this helps position the clips when editing.

First of all I place the clip (and its audio) above the song in the timeline.


Next, I mute the audio of the video clip to find a position in the song to sync with. This is usually a drum snare or clap as it easy to see in the audio wave and easy to hear.


I then mute the song, and find the same position in the video audio.

 Finally, once the two parts are located I place them directly above eachother. Now when the clip is played it should be lip synced. I then seperate the Video from its audio file and leave the song there.




Here is a preview of the lip sync in my video:





No comments:

Post a Comment