Tuesday 12 March 2013

Evalution: Question 3

Here is a video I created of people giving me feedback on my music video.

Also, as I had posted the video on YouTube, which was very useful as I was able to receive a fair amount of feedback from my audience. For example, I had received a few comments giving me feedback:

I was also able to measure how many times my video had been "Liked" and "disliked".
 This allowed me to see the overall opinion of my viewers. Out of 12 people, 4 had liked my video, the 
rest had disliked. However, the 8 people who had disliked, did so because they had expected the official
music video. For this reason, I changed the name to include the "(Unofficial Music Video)" and since,
my video has not been disliked.
 
I was also able to see a certain statistic called "relative audience retention", This allowed me to see 
     my videos ability to retain viewers during playback, compared to other videos on YouTube of similar 
length. I.E Music videos.
 
 As you can see, my videos relative audience retention stayed at an above average rate, which is an
achievement. 
 
For my music video I had received a lot of feedback from a range of different opinions, 
though a lot of the comments were positive,I also received negative reviews as well, 
along with constructive criticisms. I took these on board happily as I could use this to
 improve parts of my video. This ensured I would have a final piece of the highest quality
 possible. Here is some of the negative feedback I received and what i did to improve.
 
I had received comments that the lip sync was a bit off In some shots, which made me go back 
 and adjust the timing of the shots to make it more accurate.
 
 I had received comments that the cloning effect I had used was also off, so again I went back and did 
what I could to make the effect work, though it wasn't perfect, and I didn't have enough time to re film
the shot.
 
 I was told that I had used a medium close up shot of my male actor throughout the video, this was
because I felt it was his best take. However I had overcome this problem of repeated shot by zooming 
in more. I was able to do this because my shots were recorded in a very high-resolution, and when 
zoomed in, barely any of the quality was lost.  
    
Positive feedback also helped me because it confirmed that what I was doing was good and 
pleased my target audience. Some of the positive feedback I received was:
 
-Good Camera Quality
-Good location
-excellent narrative to match the lyrics
-shots were nicely cut to the beat of the song
-transitions between scenes was smooth
 -great ending 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment