Tuesday 26 February 2013

Planning: Skeleton

As I will be following the narrative of the song very closely I will be constructing a skeleton for the storyboard. This will be similar to the script of a movie, as I will be planning shots for different lines of the lyrics. This will help me to grasp an idea of how the video will flow, and help me plan the storyboard which I will be doing later to "flesh" the skeleton.

The main scene starts off with the girl on her own in a park, sitting on the bench, missing her ex boyfriend.

NOTE: This is only for the narrative parts of the song, i.e the shots with the male in the video will not be included in this.

 [Verse 1]
I can see it in your eyes: you’re angry (
Close up, slightly high angled shot of the girls eyes)
Regret got shit on what you’re feeling now(Over the shoulder shot of her looking at the picture of the two of them reminicing about the old times.)
Mad cause he ain’t like me
Oh you mad cause nobody ever did it like me
All the care I would take,
(Close up, slow motion shot of the couple holding hands. Flashback effect.) 
all the love that we made(Close up, slow motion shot of the couple kissing. Flashback effect. Similar to previous shot)
Now you’re trying to find somebody to replace what I gave to you
It’s a shame you didn’t keep it: Alicia, Katia
(we see a clone effect of her and her boyfriend on the other side of the bench, this based on her reminicing about how happy she was.)
I know that you gon hear this: I’m the man
Yeah I said it! Bitch I’m the man
Don’t you forget it
The way you walk, that’s me
(She walks around the park, close up of her walking.)
The way you talk, that’s me
The way you’ve got your hair up: did you forget that’s me?(
Pan up from behind, showing her hair flowing)

And the voice in your speaker right now: that’s me(Side view of him talking in her ear. This is because she is imagining his voice in her ear, explained by the next line.)
And the voice in your ear : that’s me
Can’t you see that I made it? Yeah I made it
First I made you who you are, then I made it
(Shot of her walking back to the bench.)
And you’re wasted with your ladies
Yeah I’m the reason why you always getting faded(Side view of her on the bench lighting up a ciggerette just as the beat drops into the chorus.)


[Hook]
Take a shot for me, ooooh
Take a shot for me, ooooh
Take a shot for me
A shot for me
A shot for me


(She starts to drink, and the shots blur in focus and shots start to get jumpy and chopped up, her ex boyfriend phones her up..)

[Verse 2]
Ok look: I’m honest
Girl I can’t lie: I miss you

You and the music were the only things that I commit to
I never cheated, for the record, back when I was with you
But you believed in everything but me girl, I don’t get you


She says I know you changed, I never see you
Cause you’re always busy doing things


(Shot of her lip-syncing this part over the phone.)

I really wish she had a different way of viewing things
I think the city that we’re from just kinda ruined things
It’s such a small place: not much to do but talk and listen


The men are jealous and the women all in competition
And now your friends telling you stories that you often misinterpret


(Flashback effect of her friend telling her stories, close up of her shocked/sad reaction.)

And taint all your images of your “Mr. Perfect”
I could tell that you been crying all night, drinking all summer
Praying for your happiness, hope that you recover
This is one I know you hated when you heard it
And it’s worse because you know that I deserve it..



[Hook]
They hang up on the phone. While the chorus plays for the final time we see a scene of her journey from the park to her house. Most of these shots are from her point of view and are very shaky, this is to show the audience that she is heavily intoxicated and not thinking straight. Once the chorus is finished we see a brief fade into darkness.

May your neighbours respect you
Trouble neglect you, angels protect you
And heaven accept you.. 


We see her writing a note, copying what is being said in the song. We then see her slumped against the wall, panning over to her shadow we see her raise up a gun to her temple. The screen goes black and we hear a gunshot, and the title shows; "Shot For Me".

No comments:

Post a Comment