Sunday 10 March 2013

Construction: Album Front Cover Drafts

Here are the three drafts for my Digipak


Draft 1:
I wanted to create a simple design so I tried an interesting link between the words "Drake" and "Take Care". I also decided on the color scheme for the album (Black, White and Red)


Draft 2:
I didn't think the earlier design worked, I wanted to go for a simpler, cleaner look, so I placed the Artist name in big bold letters, and had the album title underneath. I positioned the text to the bottom half of the cover.

Draft 3:
The problem in the previous draft was all the blank, black space. So I added an image of my artist, and changed the colouring so it was in black and white, and had a greyish feel to it

Final Draft:
I had to add a parental advisory sticker, and because of the positioning of the titles I couldn't place it in the bottom corner, So I positioned them toward the middle, and made the titles a bit smaller. I also added a red glow to the album title to help it stand out from everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment