Sunday 10 March 2013

Construction: Album Back Cover Drafts

Here are my drafts for the album back cover:

Draft 1:
I wanted to carry on with the simplistic feel of the digipak, and the black, white and red colour combination. I put the tracklist and placed institution logo's underneath.

 Draft 2:
In the previous draft, there was too much black, blank space to the right of the cover. This created an absense of content which I did not want to have. Because of this I added red, italic text of featuring artists alongside the track titles, and moved the logos over to the right corner instead. This helped negate the emptiness of the cover.


Draft 3:
I felt as if the amount of black, blank space was too much, and it was too simple of a design. So I added a picture of my artist similar to the one on the front cover, also in black and white/grey tone. I also removed the featuring artists, to keep the text of the songs within the wall of the image, this creates a slight effect of the titles being written on the wall. 


Final Draft:
In the previous draft, the background image was too light towards the left, which made it hard to see parts of the tracklist, so I added some contrast to it to make it easier to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment