Sunday 10 March 2013

Construction: CD Design Drafts

Here are my CD design drafts:

Draft 1:
Keeping up with the theme of my digipak, I created a simple design, with the OVO Logo (institution logo), Album title, and a small note from the OVOXO collective. It also matches with the colour scheme of the whole album.







Draft 2:
I felt there was too much space on the previous draft, so i tried to fill it by separating the album title so it could go across the diameter of the circle. Also I enlarged the logo, making it more prominent in the deisgn. I made the text underneath in italics, as to give the effect it was handwritten.


Draft 3:
I wanted to include the artist name in too, this allowed me to fill more space. I also played around with the colouring of the titles, helping it stand out and match with the color scheme of my design.


Final Draft:
 For my final draft, I created a text that would follow the circular shape of the CD, this helped cover all sections of the CD. Another advantage to this design is that when played, the CD spins and therefore all text is easily read. I also added a drop shadow to the text to make it pop out from the CD.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment